Dr. Vijaylakshmi Dayal
Professor. & HOD
Department of Physics exists since the inception of Institute in 2007. The department has been offering undergraduate Physics courses to students of BE from 2007 onwards. The department has highly active and vibrant faculty members committed to impart high quality standards in pure and applied areas of physics and also trains students, so that they become competent and motivated physicists.
|Strength of the Department|
|Faculties of the department are well qualified and also have excellent experience in the field of teaching. The department has state-of-the-art laboratories and computational facilities to offer good practical training as per the academic requirements of VTU.. Department is involved in the research area of condensed matter physics and nuclear physics.|
|The faculties in the department are energetically involved in Research and Development. The areas of research are condensed matter physics and nuclear physics. Department faculty (Dr. Vijaylakshmi Dayal) has published around 25 journal papers, 25 conference papers International / National Level. Currently guiding 4 students towards Ph.D and 1 completed.|
List of Projects implemented / Submitted
|Title||Grant Period||Cost (Rs. In lakhs)||Funding Agency|
|Investigation of ferroelectric, ferromagnetic and magnetoelectric properties in some novel multiferroicPerovskites-oxide”.
Young Scientist Research Award (YSRA)
Sctn. No: 2011/20/37P/01/BRNS/0075
~ 400000.00 (ADDITIONAL GRANT RECEIVED)
|Magnetic And Transport Studies In Ferromagnetic Metallic/Insulating Manganite Nanocomposite,
Collaborative Research Scheme (CRS)
CRS APPROVAL NO.: CSR-IC/CRS-89/2014-2015/596 dt: 18.09.2014
|238000.00 (1st Year)
238000.00 (2nd year)
|UGC-DAE-CSR Indore Centre|
|Design and development of low cost automated susceptometer for the measurement of linear and nonlinear magnetic AC susceptibility of magnetic nano particles||Submitted (2015)||37.50 Lakhs||BRNS, BARC, Mumbai.|
|Studies of high temperature thermoelectric properties of oxide semiconductors and their application for power generator||Submitted (2016)||20.00 Lakhs||VGST, Karnataka|
|Tuning of Magnetic and Magneto-transport Properties in Core/ShellBimagnetic nanostructure for sensor Application||Submitted (2016)||27.61 Lakhs||DST, Nanomission, New Delhi.|
RESEARCH IN COLLOBORATION/USER:
International Collaboration :
- Prof. Dr. D. C. Jiles, , Ames Laboratory Associate, US Dept. of Energy, Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Iowa State University, USA (also, XRD & SEM ).
- Dr. R. L Hadimani, Department of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond VA 23284, USA.
- Department of Physics, Ionics Group, University of Malaya, Kulalampur, Malaysia.
- Dr. Fu Hao, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu, 610054, China
- Dr. R. J. Choudhary, UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Indore.
- Dr. Alok Banerjee, UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Indore.
- Dr. Dipankar Das, UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Kolkata.
- Dr. T. K. nath, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, WB
- Dr. Rajeev Rawat, UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Indore.
- Prof. Dr. R. N. Bhowmik, Department of Physics, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry.
- Dr. Deshpande, UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Mumbai Centre.
|Facilities and Infrastructure|
|Institute is aiming to provide world class infrastructure and so has taken initiative in setting up different laboratory for different subject. The physics laboratory is quite spacious, well equipped and provides excellent academic ambience for work. The Department also has required system and application software's to cater the needs of conduction of laboratories and projects.|
|Methodology of Teaching|
Initiative and Innovative practices at MIT
- Institute sends its students and also completely sponsors to attend the seminars and conference at outside locations.
- The Hidden talents of the students are unearthed by the institute which has been rewarded suitably.
- Departmental quiz competition is being conducted to build general knowledge of the students (both current affairs and business).
- Students are divided into group and they are assigned with different projects and same is evaluated at regular interval.
- A separate class is allotted every week, in which every student need to talk on new technology and his understanding about the same.
Developmental Activities for Teachers and Staff
Being understood the fact "the fulcrum of any institute are efficient faculties and staff", the institute has taken huge initiative to develop the skills of the faculty and staff by regular inhouse and outside training and also encourages its faculties and staff members through sponsored program to attend seminars and conferences at different locations either as participants or in the form of contender (Presenting Papers).
The secret of the well established institute lies with the positive mindset of the students, which reflects in its achievements. As such, the institute periodically conducts counseling for all of its students that would effect his academic and personal growth. A feedback from either side paves way for a strong bondage and best harmony between the institute as well with the students and that would result in excel in its standards set.
The success and endurance of an institute starts and continues with the student's career growth. Building successful career path for the students is the main aim and motto of MIT. During the regular course as well at the vacation or at the weekends institute conducts different kinds of skill building activities.
|1|| Dr. Vijaylakshmi Dayal
|2||Sachin S||MSc||Asso. Professor|
|3||Lokesh N||MSc||Asst. Professor|
|3||Chandan K||MSc||Teaching Assistant|